Today’s telecommunication systems have to provide a large variety of pre-paid and on-demand alternatives, in addition to the original, basic “postpaid” billing model. New and innovative options are constantly being added and incorporated into the current service provider’s offerings.
Mistakes in billing systems can cost you time, money, and customers which you cannot afford to lose. QualiTest has developed a comprehensive methodology to test billing systems including several elements:
- 3 layer testing; Test Plan, Test Requirements and Test Cases allowing you to combine several test scenarios in a single test cycle. This approach dramatically reduces the efforts needed for test execution.
- Algorithm for testing Rating with full coverage of all scenarios.
- Automated infrastructure developed for Billing systems with full flexibility for customer changes and synchronization between real time and batch activities.
- Using Business Processes Definition (BPD) methodology to plan and execute end-to-end scenarios simulating real business rules.
- Using Test Data to simulate real scenarios including: database back up, CDRs and Interface traffic.
- Building a virtual environment and performing tests with real data such as customers, price plans, CDRs, and etc.
- Using in house testing tools for testing integration with other systems and creation of CDR files.
Billing Testing areas:
- Rating and price plans
- Billing production
- Invoice structure
- Accounts receivable (A/R)
- Integration with operational and external systems