University College London Hospitals (UCLH) provides first-class acute and specialist services in five hospitals in central London, with a mission to deliver top-quality patient care, excellent education and world-class research.
Business Needs and Objectives
UCLH had a basic testing capability and a roadmap of complex projects that were in need of a more advanced and effective level of testing than the current function and its processes could deliver. Existing test methods were unstructured and informal in nature and were not fully auditable, or traceable to business requirements. There was no tooling and, while the internal test function were competent testers, they not be able to identify the appropriate improvements required to achieve best practice testing for UCLH.
The QualiTest Solution:
At UCLH we provided a senior test manager with access to our various testing specialists to review the existing disparate processes across the organization, interview the various stakeholders, and identify a unified strategy and approach to both functional and technical testing. We produced a detailed Test Process Improvement (TPI) report with recommendations and a roadmap for change which UCLH were able to implement themselves.
- Increased effectiveness and accountability of the testing service
- Enhanced stakeholder perception of the testing service
- Earlier involvement of the testing function in the SDLC to facilitate early defect identification and reduce overall project delivery costs
- lncreased quality of software delivery
- Reduced risk to the organization
- Provided TPI review and recommendations report
“[QualiTest] conducted a comprehensive assessment of our testing function and made recommendations that have been helpful in moving our testing capability forwards” —David , Head of ICT Business Solutions