DWF is a 17-office law firm employing over 2,100 and operating across England, Scotland, Ireland, Belgium, Germany and Dubai.
Business Needs and Objectives:
DWF needed to upgrade their case management software to provide performance enhancements, an enhanced user experience and to take advantage of new integration functionality which would provide their fee earning users with a more productive working environment. Previous upgrades had highlighted concerns around the performance of the business critical CMS application when accessed via Citrix, so DWF required technical test support to scope and deliver appropriate performance tools and testing to mitigate their risk.
The QualiTest Solution:
We initially engaged with DWF to understand their full project scope and objectives. We delivered an options paper summarizing several possible solutions that would deliver appropriate testing to target the key business risks and concerns identified during the scoping exercise. Considerations included the project timeframes, environments and budget limitations.
We then provided a Performance Test Consultant who implemented the agreed test approach. Our consultant worked in collaboration with the project team, identifying and resolving several key issues during the test phase and delivered a test report which outlined the test results observed highlighting some additional recommendations for ensuring the performance of the live service would meet user expectations and requirements.
- Senior project stakeholders were engaged early and able to make an informed risk based decision on the appropriate level of performance testing required.
- DWF project management were able to proactively address the business concerns.
- System performance issues were identified and corrected during the testing phase.
- Our metrics demonstrated the new configuration would support the target workload allowing DWF to upgrade with confidence.
- Additional performance recommendations were identified to further improve DWF’s production configuration.
“We have found [QualiTest] to be extremely knowledgeable, efficient and flexible in their approach to delivery. They quickly identified the critical solution components requiring performance testing and presented a tailored test approach which they then delivered [on] time and budget that highlighted key recommendations to improve the solution performance.” —- Jawad, Project Manager