The client is one of the largest mobile network operators and internet service providers in the U.K. and the largest 4G provider in Europe.
Business Needs and Objectives
The goals of the client included the following:
- Establish a QA partner who understood their industry and business rationale, with the purpose of launching a multi-year engagement
- Implementation of a “shift-left approach” to their Agile development cycle, with Continuous integration and release capabilities, with a rapid transition to DevOps methodology
- Creating a testing solution that would decrease prices while increasing test coverage with the best tools and resources for the job
The QualiTest Solution
During the initiation of the automation process, a large amount of the work was involved with tool selection, device focus, and choosing the most important functionalities to be automated. The client and QualiTest agreed on eggPlant Functional, due to its powerful regression test capabilities and success with similar projects in the past.
By the end of a 6-month engagement, a full test suite of test cases had been implemented, successfully automating the network testing on 3 devices, including Android, iOS and Nexus. Over 50 functionalities were included in the testing capabilities, including call placement, performance testing, text sending and receiving, and license notifications.
Some benefits that have resulted from QualiTest’s managed testing mobile automation services include:
- Due to fully automated functionalities, the client can perform regression testing once a night
- Achieving cost savings of an estimated 42% after three months of engagement
- Gaps and risks are identified early in the process, reducing bugs at later stages and avoiding project delays.
- The client was able to implement a “shift-left” approach to their Agile development cycle.
- The client received expedited test automation implementation at a fixed price service, resulting in lower prices.