The client is a large bank with over $100 Bn in assets, thousands of physical locations and over 10,000 employees. The bank offers a wide range of financial services including consumer and business banking, investment banking, mortgages, insurance, private equity and asset and wealth management.
The client has a large development staff working on its back office, internal trading systems, consumer and business internet banking services, available on the Internet but also as smartphone applications.
Business Need and Objectives
At any given time, the customer runs hundreds of information technology projects. As a national bank, any downtime is immediately evident, harming the bank’s business and generating immediate media attention. At the same time, the bank wanted to:
- Turn testing into a more efficient process from the cost and staff point of view
- Improve the level of testing currently being performed
- Ensure that testing best practices at a high professional level are brought into the process, since testing outcomes with bank staff were unsatisfactory.
- Evolve from 100% manual testing to use of automated testing tools as well and creating a unified center of testing knowledge for the bank
- Receive measurable results to ensure the bank gets the testing quality excepted
- Receive onshore testing that does not breach the bank’s complex regulatory data security requirements
The QualiTest Solution
QualiTest has established a comprehensive, state-of-the-art test center nearby the bank’s central offices, including hardware that can run tests as required. The site was connected, via a secured connection that meets stringent internal policies and regulatory requirements, to the bank. QualiTest has staffed the test center with over 100 employees, 70% of which migrated from the bank to QualiTest.
The QualiTest center performs all the testing of all the bank’s financial systems. Budget of each project is calculated based on a pre-defined formula that is based on the project development efforts. This allows the client to better scale the testing budget based on the actual need and outcome of testing and secured at least 30% cost reduction compared to the current budget spent.
Few quality KPIs were set as part of the Service Level Agreement (SLA), including a guarantee provided to the bank to find at least 95% of the total defects in the system under test and at least 99.9% of critical defects. Using QualiTest Quality Dashboard, fully integrated with the client’s Test Management and Support systems, the customer is able to view the actual quality level delivered online and on a real-time basis.
Project Business Card
- Industry: Banking
- Solution: Managed testing services
- Location: Onshore in a dedicated Test Lab established for the bank
- Project size: 100 QualiTest employees
- Customer size: Large Bank (~ $ 100 Bn in assets)
About QualiTest Group
QualiTest is the world largest QA and software testing company. QualiTest has a global footprint with offices across the US, Europe, Israel and in India and is helping hundreds of organizations around the world accomplish their high performance goals in a timely and cost effective manner. With extensive and diverse industrial experience and a strong quality assurance background, our professionals have the knowledge, the experience and the dedication it takes to meet deadlines and achieve results.