A global healthcare company
Business Needs and Objectives
The client chosen QualiTest Group for a large Managed Services project, in which QualiTest global teams across Israel, US and India would develop the system requirements, design test cases and perform test execution on multiple products in a single product line.
The client systems were complex “System of Systems” and in order for the testers to be fully prepared for the testing activities, detailed training was required on software, hardware and clinical elements of the system. The project required different roles in various technical and domain expertise, from functional testers to system engineers, and each role required a different training plan. Regulation requirements required each employee to have a formal training file containing written proof that the employee is capable of performing their role.
The client had minimum resources available to support the training program, and the client expectations were that only the first round of recruitment will require the client’s resources participation while the next rounds would be train internally by QualiTest.
The QualiTest Solution:
In order to overcome the challenges and answer the client’s need, QualiTest established a detailed plan for knowledge handover and training ownership in the future from onset. The plan included the following stages:
- While building the project team, 1 senior employee was appointed as the training master in addition to his other responsibilities. This designee would be in charge of developing the formal training for future employees.
- The client initial training program was recorded in writing and in video, and all other training materials were collected – Presentations, lessons formats and exams.
- The first 3 months after the training was completed were used to estimate the training effectiveness on the different roles and to gather practical experience.
- After the initial estimation, the training master began to develop a 1-month training plan for new employees per role that included the following segments:
- Basic training – Includes general technical and clinical knowledge that is required across all roles. Basic training also included lessons on work instructions and company procedures.
- Advanced training – Specific training for specific roles and domain experts.
- Shadowing – Pairing the new employee with an experienced tester to learn the practical work performed in a mentee/mentor relationship.
- Hands-on training – Dry run of test scenarios to practice the theoretical knowledge and the work instructions
- Each stage was divided into lessons – frontal or E-Lessons that were performed by QualiTest employees. At the end of each lesson, an exam is given to validate each employee’s knowledge and understanding. All lesson and exam records were signed and kept in an employee training file.
- After each training round, surveys are taken by the trained employees to confirm that the training goals were being met and to determine if additional training was required.