Amisys Advance offers medium and large healthcare payers a comprehensive, robust and flexible system to meet their information and business process needs. A new version of Amisys is released every few months with some versions focused on adding functionality while others focus more on stabilization and bug fixes. Some payers elect to upgrade their Amisys instance often, while others wait for a few upgrades to accumulate, and then upgrade to the latest version. Either way, testing is essential but very time consuming, and it requires a combination of industry knowledge, organizational knowledge and a tester’s mind set.
Amisys testing practice
QualiTest’s experience testing Amisys Advance has lead us to establish a focused testing practice based on deep understanding of both Payer’s current requirements as well as the long term changes in the healthcare industry such as ICD-10 and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Understanding your goals:
- Support a successful upgrade to the latest version of Amisys Advance assuring no critical or high severity defects are found in production
- Reduce the cost of testing
- Establish a test automation framework to support the long term regression testing needs
- Establish sufficiently detailed test documentation delivering re-usability and high testing coverage
- Support users in the UAT process
- Deliver all testing activities in a HIPAA compliant manner
- Establish a structured testing approach for current and future testing efforts
- Lead other testing types such as Load, Performance and security testing
As part of the testing process, QualiTest creates a System Breakdown and Software Test Plan (STP) for each client.