QualiTest offers smart grid testing, applying nearly two decades of testing experience to the utility industry by providing comprehensive testing solutions. By testing the system all the way from the meter, through the communication protocols, MDM, and the billing system, we can offer complete assurance that the systems work as efficiently as possible.
The great thing is costs were reasonable, my team didn't have to leave the office, it barely had an impact on workload, it addresses the need and desire for training and the team have a clearer view of test process and test techniques.
Glen Beckett, BSkyB
Why Perform a Smart Grid Test?
It is our experience that many of the defects that arise during end-to-end testing revolve around the communication between the various system components. Although the use of standardized IEC 61850 protocol and its ability to map MMS, GOOSE, SMV, and Web Services is widely known, many defects still occur due to latency, different variants’ names in different components and others. Understanding the different protocols and sub protocols and being familiarized with the system components allows faster pinpointing of a communication defect, even while testing the entire system from beginning to end.
The benefits of using QualiTest’s testing services include:
- Quality Insight – QualiTest can provide you with peace of mind and assurance of a clear insight into the quality of your product.
- No lead time – Reduce application time to market
- Competitive pricing – Take advantage of our existing operation at competitive pricing
- Quality Improvement– Our experienced testing engineers can increase your testing coverage and assure new quality standards.
- Comprehensive Test Coverage – QualiTest rigorously tests your mission critical applications to ensure security, compatibility and reliability.