QualiTest’s Writing Automation Test Plans course is a one-day hands-on automated testing training course that provides an introduction to writing test plans/cases that will be automated. Writing test plans and test cases based upon requirements may provide for full coverage of testing those requirements; however, the documents created may not produce the most efficient way to execute those tests, either manually or with automation.
In this course, you will learn how to analyze test cases to in order to separate the unique scenarios from the data that drives them and to find the most efficient order of execution. In addition, the concepts of assigning attributes to each test case to allow for more efficient re-execution will be discussed.
- Planning automation vs. manual efforts
- High ROI for automation test cases
- Analyzing test cases to separate functions and scenarios
- Separating data from the tests
- Determining and assigning attributes to test cases
This course is intended testers that will be writing test cases to be automated and also for those testers performing the automation. Participants are expected to have experience testing applications and be experienced with Microsoft Excel. It’s also helpful if the attendee has some exposure to SQL.
Course Length, Format, and Logistics
- Course length: 1 day
- Course format: Lecture plus individual and group exercises and discussions.
- Course logistics: Each attendee is provided with his/her own copy of the course manual and exercise set. Attendees do not need access to personal computers or workstations.