The Database Testing course provides a foundation of knowledge of database structures, specifically targeted for testers to become more efficient and effective at testing database applications. Component-level testing at the component level is the core of every Test Strategy that is designed to expedite and enhance testing. Understanding the database design will allow testers to identify existent bugs and potential bugs that may otherwise be released into production and intensify in potential damage.
- Describe the basic structures of databases
- Understand the differences in testing the database design and testing the data
- Determine the approach for testing database applications
This course is intended for beginning level testers and analysts. Participants are not expected to have any database knowledge.
Course Length, Format, and Logistics
- Course length: 1 day
- Course format: lecture plus individual and group exercises and discussions.
- Course logistics: Each attendee is provided with his/her own copy of the course manual and exercise set. Attendees do not need access to personal computers or workstations.