QualiTest’s Programming Foundations for Software Testers course provides students with a working knowledge of Programming Languages, allowing for more efficiency in testing and automating the testing of software applications. Designed specifically for testers, this course provides a foundation of knowledge of programming concepts with hands-on experience.
The course is intended for beginner or intermediate testers, analysts and engineers who need to develop a working knowledge of programming concepts to support their testing and/or automation efforts. The class exercises can be done in either “C” or Visual Basic.
- Understand basic programming concepts
- Know the properties of fundamental data types
- Understand the various arithmetic operators available and the order of operations
- Be familiar with using relational and logical operators to test for conditions
- Understand how to use looping statements to control program iteration and flow
- Understand functions, function definitions, when to use functions, built-in functions and global vs. local variables
- Know how to read from and write to external files
- Be familiar with Boolean/Logical/Relational Operators
- Actively participate in technical discussions with the programmers
- Be able to create basic automated testing scripts
Course Length, Format, and Logistics
- Course length: 2 days
- Course format: Lecture plus individual and group exercises and discussions.
- Course logistics: Each attendee is provided with his/her own copy of the course manual and exercise set. Attendees do not need access to personal computers or workstations.