In an effort to deliver the most functionality in the shortest amount of time, businesses can be tempted to deliver complex applications with limited or no security testing. The nature of today’s ever changing technologies means that there will always be vulnerabilities for hackers to exploit. This one-day course provides an overview of security testing techniques to establish a basis for your security test plan.
- Understand where security testing fits in the SDLC
- Understand how different technologies drive different approaches to testing
- Understand the basic steps in planning and conducting a security test
- Be familiar with basic security testing techniques
- Identify differences between client, server and network security testing
- Identify some common testing tools
The course is intended for testers, analysts, engineers, technical and functional managers who need to develop a general knowledge of ethical hacking and security testing to support their testing efforts.
Course Length, Format, and Logistics
- Course length: 2 days
- Course format: Lecture, plus individual and group exercises and discussions.
- Course logistics: Each attendee is provided with his/her own copy of the course manual and exercise set. Attendees do not need access to personal computers or workstations.