QualiTest’s SQL training is a two day, hands-on course that provides students with a working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL). It provides a foundation of knowledge of database structures and SQL commands, allowing testers to become more effective in testing software applications. Attendees will be taught using a backend Access database and writing the SQL commands via Access and/or MSQUERY.
- Describe the basic structures of databases
- Write SQL code to populate test databases
- Write SQL code to validate results from dynamic testing
- Use SQL code for static testing techniques
- Use SQL for data mining to generate better test cases
- Use SQL to generate sets of test data
- Write SQL to test stored procedures
- Actively participate in technical discussions of the database with the programmers
The course is intended for beginner or intermediate testers, analysts and engineers who need to develop a working knowledge of SQL to support their testing efforts.
Course Length, Format, and Logistics
- Course length: 2 days
- Course format: Lecture plus individual and group exercises and discussions.
- Course logistics: Each attendee will need access to a personal computer or workstation. Each attendee is provided with his/her own copy of the course manual and exercise set.