QualiTest’s Test Case Design course is an intensive hands-on experience that encompasses a variety of techniques used to derive test cases, including positive versus negative testing, white and black box testing, boundary value analysis, equivalence class testing and decision tables. The creation of test databases and baseline states for the test environment are also discussed.
- Understand the differences between static and dynamic testing techniques
- Understand the differences between white and black box testing
- Understand some of the common strategies for deriving test cases
- Understand when to use each of the techniques for each individual project
Class attendees are typically QA testers, analysts, and engineers who have been primarily testing in an ad-hoc fashion and are looking to apply more formal techniques. Some familiarity with testing is assumed.
Course Length, Format, and Logistics
- Course length: 1 day
- Course format: Lecture plus individual and group exercises and discussions.
- Course logistics: Each attendee is provided with his/her own copy of the course manual and exercise set. Attendees do not need access to personal computers or workstations.