- Understand the unique challenges in testing Web applications
- Understand how different technologies drive different approaches to testing
- Separate client-side and server-side testing
- Apply solid testing techniques to Web applications
- Apply risk management techniques to organize testing effort
- Create maintainable software test documentation
- Understand the impact of various browsers and operating systems
- Know when Performance, Load and Scalability tests are required
- Know when additional security testing is required
- Regression test strategies for Web applications
The course is intended for beginner or intermediate testers, analysts and engineers who need to develop a working knowledge of Web software testing methodology. Attendees should have a basic familiarity with testing principles in theory and in practice. Knowledge of programs, environment and Web browsers is helpful, but not required. Experience in ad-hoc testing of applications is helpful, but not required.
Course Length, Format, and Logistics
- Course length: 1 day
- Course format: Lecture plus individual and group exercises and discussions.
- Course logistics: Each attendee is provided with his/her own copy of the course manual and exercise set. Attendees do not need access to personal computers or workstations.