Shenick’s diversifEye offers network Equipment manufacturers, service providers, large enterprises and governments a highly flexible and scalable emulation Platform to assess performance, quality of service (QoS) and quality of experience (QoE), all within a single test platform.
The power of diversifEye is its per flow architecture that permits active traffic emulations for L2-L7 and QoS/QoE analysis on a per subscriber basis.
Applications include IPTV, VoD, VoIP, and high speed internet applications such as web and P2P, security attack emulation.
Reality checked on a per flow basis
Due to the deployment of applications such as IPTV and VoIP, end-user quality concerns have become a major issue. Today’s IP-based service customer has zero tolerance for quality issues, making quality and performance key attributes to ensuring successful deployment. Shenick diversifEyeTM offers the first truly integrated converged IP network test system to determine performance and quality limitations under the most realistic operational conditions.
Key to the power of diversifEyeTM is its per flow architecture that permits active traffic emulation and QoS/QoE analysis on a per subscriber basis. Applications include IPTV, Video On Demand (VoD), VoIP and high speed internet applications such as web and P2P. diversifEyeTM provides visibility on quality issues right down to the individual user’s application flow. In addition, diversifEyeTM can act as a server side emulator too, offering complete virtualization of multiple head-end, multi-channel, multi-casted video, VoIP, PPPoE server, and typical application servers such as web and email.
Triple Play typical test scenario
A typical access network scenario can consist of multiple nodes such as DSLAM, GPON, CMTS, WiMAX and/or aggregation devices such as edge routers and accompanying remote access servers. Behind each residential gateway connected to these access nodes, there exist multiple individual applications such as IPTV set top boxes, VoIP phones and PCs. diversifEyeTM offers the ability to emulate individual applications and host devices to create the most realistic test environment for determination of performance limitations and quality of individual experience.
Additional application Highlights
- Determine QoE in real time on multicast IPTV streams and peripheral services from STB Access/Authorization to channel zap rate times. Streaming performance analysis for Video On Demand, both stand alone and in the presence of VoIP and other Data Applications. Conduct video quality analysis both in real time passive mode Video Quality Metrics (VQM) and full reference active Perceptual Evaluation of Video Quality (PEVQ).
- Test DPI traffic shaping, policing and service management systems with high performance per application flow emulation. Determine cause and effect of P2P traffic on sensitive IPTV and VoIP applications.
- Determine limitations under normal operation and/or attack conditions. Generate regular (typical application mix of HTTP, FTP, VoIP, email, streaming, multicast video, P2P) and attack traffic (DDoS,Virus, Worms, Spam) concurrently to determine QoE performance effecting overhead and attack throughput.
- Emulate real multimedia SIP/RTP calls with voice and video streams, emulate both client side (UAC) and server support (UAS). Determine loss, delay and jitter along with a mean opinion score MOS (active PESQ and passive R Factor).
- Emulate SIP based access scenarios and data over mobile applications. Emulate multiple IP services and applications across a variety of network access points (xDSL, CMTS, FTTx, etc.) Emulate and conduct analysis of QoS and QoE for millions of ‘internet users in a box’. Determine performance bottlenecks and quality of experience. Concurrently generate mixed application flows such as HTTP, FTP, SMTP, Streaming, Multicast etc. Performance test individual application servers.
diversifEye™ System Overview
diversifEye™ consists of a fully integrated, highly scalable hardware and software platform. Client installation takes just minutes and a typical user can begin configuring and running tests in less than an hour. diversifEye™ is shipped with a complete range of software modules and sample test cases covering all application scenarios.
The diversifEye™ GUI client is noteworthy for its ease of use while offering full test automation and batch testing functions through the diversifEye™ Job function or scripting interface. diversifEye™ allows users to easily generate fully automated reports and statistics, offering both real time and offline processing of results both during testing and post analysis. Users have the ability to generate reports in a number of formats in both graphical and tabular formats.
The diversifEye™ standard software package provides users with a comprehensive integrated set of sample test cases, software libraries and GUI interfaces are standard and compatible across all chassis types. The diversifEye™ software suite offers full layer 2-7 testing application layer test options. Applications are both IPv4 and IPv6 enabled.
- PPPoE server emulation
- Security Attacks with DDoS(SYN/RST/UDP/ARP floods) and Virus/Worm Attacks
- FTP (passive and active)Multiuser
- RTP (media only)
- SIP with multiple RTP streams
- Capture and replay
- Multicast IPTV test supporting IGMP & MLDv1,2
- Video On Demand (RTSP)
- Voice over IP (SIP/RTP)
- Voice and Video Media Analysis (both passive TVQM/R factor and active PEVQ/PESQ)
- HTTP (Client and/or Server Emulation)
- SMTP & POP3 ( Server & Client Emulation)
- P2P ( peer to peer)
- Service Layer PPPoE and VLAN (incl. double tagged)