Your website represents your company’s public face, often as your revenue stream gateway. Anyone can use your website at any time, day or night. Customers/clients may access you by using a computer or mobile device, with multiple potential browsers, not necessarily the newest. They may want the ease-of-use of being a returning registered user with known details and preferences, or they may want to be an anonymous relationship-averse guest user. Localization and accessibility continue to increasingly impact the customer experience. Gartner says that by 2017, 89% of marketers expect customer experience to be their primary differentiator.
Your users probably have usability expectations of how your website and web apps should work, and may quickly jump to a competitor if they can’t easily do what they want to do. In addition to worrying about your webpages and the web services behind them, you also have concerns like data breaches or how your site handles heavy traffic loads. Soasta says that a third of online shoppers will click away if page load waits exceed 5 seconds. Google recently reported that over 53% of mobile users will quit if a website doesn’t load within 3 seconds – less than a quarter of the typical average 4G load time!
Page load time is just one of the many concerns of website testing. Our web services testing experts will handle all components of testing your functional and non-functional requirements, ensuring that you have the confidence and knowledge that your website is free from all major defects, and can handle the predicted traffic volume.
The QualiTest Advantage:
- End user experience – The world’s reaction to your website is based on expectations, including flow, content and reaction time. In this world of easy social media, knowing how a critical eye will see your app is crucial for preventing a negative perception.
- Real devices and device management solutions – We prefer testing on real Android, iOS, Microsoft and Blackberry devices to see how your app integrates with each device OS, alongside cost effective solutions like emulators. We also offer a device management system that can be installed on your premises to access to devices worldwide, managing access policy and device reservation.
- Tools Expertise – QualiTest’s tool expertise and agnosticism lets us provide you with the best tools for your needs.
- Usability – New visitors care about issues like online help and warnings, while returning visitors care about issues like speed and minimizing input per transaction. You want happy users.
- Private labs – Our UK, US, India and Israel test labs can help you test your app; if you prefer, we can set up a mobile testing automation lab on your premises. Testing labs help reduce your time-to-market. Our experienced mobile testing engineers can increase your testing coverage and assure new quality standards.
- Partnerships – By working with QualiTest, you get access to some of the best technology available in the software testing world. We work closely with each partner to maximize synergy, ensuring that our clients receive the benefits. QualiTest’s tool partners include BluGem, Experitest, Keynote Mobile Testing, Neotys, Perfecto Mobile, Sauce Labs, Smartbear, TestObject and TestPlant.
- Localization – this feature aids e-commerce and reservation websites, helping streamline customer orders
- Form input validation verification and form submission, including the web services (SOA-based and REST API-based) that handle all optional and required variables they pass. This is traditionally handled through automation testing.
- Automation – Careful planning and design work is crucial when creating a smart test automation plan. Automation helps cut testing time, especially given the frequency with which an entire test suite may need to be rerun due to website changes such as inventory changes, new features and seasonal price specials.
- Managed crowd testing – Managed crowd testing allows a low noise introduction to crowd testing, enabling you to focus on your specific needs, what to test, any specific demographic or target group, and testing devices for your website. A dedicated delivery manager will manage and deliver requirements, gather needs, and manage any sample scenarios, preconditions, instructions, known bugs or detailed test plans that require handling, as well as governance and legal structures (such as NDA’s). They will also filter, rate and categorize crowd-reported bugs and summarize the testing cycle for the client. Crowd testing enables you to cover more devices faster and leverage localization, Ux and compatibility testing, and solicit real Ux feedback delivered on a continuous basis, enabling Ux trend over time of your website. It best complements, not replaces, your test team.
- Performance and Load Testing – Let your customers in before they look for a shorter wait at a rival
- Accessibility – census.gov reports that almost 1 in 5 people have some sort of disability. We can advise you on being more inclusive of this population segment. Accessibility is a vital testing component.
- Security/Penetration Testing and encrypted communication – It’s a dangerous world that we live in
- Functional – The first question is always “Does it do what it is supposed to do?” This comes straight from the what-is-expected part of the requirements. The release checklist details all of this, from validating that you can get good things done to validating that bad things are handled in the manner defined.
- Analyzing the text elements: Spell checking, language syntax, grammar and link checking