RR Donnelley is a Fortune 500 integrated communications company that provides marketing and business communications, commercial printing, and related services.
Business Needs and Objectives:
The client were tasked with the migration of a major retailer’s client document portfolio from their current mail and print provider after winning significant new business in the UK. The program required three overlapping projects with an excess of 15 products being migrated. There were extremely tight commercial deadlines, multiple client and print site locations, distributed development teams and a solution that was evolving during the program.
The QualiTest Solution:
We provided the client with a scalable and fully accountable managed testing service, run by a senior program Test manager. Time-bound constraints had a direct impact on the amount of testing we could perform within the available testing window. An iterative test approach and flexible test team, resourcing effectively and efficiently, supported a risk based delivery of the agreed test coverage achievable before the various implementation dates were delivered. Our program test manager owned and managed the client user acceptance testing phases which ensured quality deliveries to the live environment.
This was a large migration program with a testing window that stretched for almost 12 months with an imperative to protect the end client’s brand in their market place.
- Our client was able to meet demand for testing across three significant and concurrent projects
- Our client’s in-house testing capability were able to meet on-going BAU demands
- Iterative risk-based testing maximized the time available while maintaining the required level of auditability
- A strong relationship was forged with the end client based on the high quality of delivery into UAT
- No significant production issues were found with the end client brand being fully protected post migration
- We provided the following fully managed end-to-end testing services: system, system integration, operational acceptance and end client user acceptance testing
- A scalable and fully accountable managed testing service
“[QualiTest] took ownership of the testing for the three overlapping projects that comprised of a large and complex print migration program on behalf of the UK’s largest online and home shopping retailer. Their approach brought control, visibility and flexibility to all the test phases and the excellent relationships they built with our end client made a significant contribution to the overall success of this program.” — Steff, Program Manager