You enjoy the business agility and cost-control benefits that SOA’s reusable modular parts enable, but have difficulty managing testing for the many moving parts that must all function properly on their own and seamlessly when integrated. The services must be interoperable throughout your enterprise, comply with industry standards, be testable asynchronously when the supporting infrastructure is down or not present, and must avoid breaking any of the multiple larger applications that call these updated services. The services, infrastructures and applications bind multiple stakeholders who each have varying concerns and requirements as part of your business process. Lastly, you must go beyond on-premise integration to include cloud, mobile and IoT endpoints.
SOA is a matter of experience and exposure to compound and complex systems and processes. QualiTest, with over 500 SOA experts including system analysts, programmers and IT experts, has developed a comprehensive end-to-end solution for SOA testing, approaching diversified dimensions such as methodology, automation, TDM, governance, infrastructure building, metrics and real-time reporting you need to ensure your SOA solution. To conquer the digital disruption, we have developed test automation frameworks based on unique methodologies and concepts (such as KDT) at all layers of SOA using specialized tools which can reduce the test effort by up to 80%.
Through a modular gray box testing approach, we combine the best of component-level system integration and end-to-end testing techniques and tools to identify and resolve functional defects, performance bottlenecks, and vulnerabilities early in the test life cycle. This allows us to identify and rectify almost 50% of defects before the integration phase and increase confidence in SOA-enabled business transformation. Services need to be tested throughout their lifecycle against the WSDL to ensure they function as promised, provide the expected performance and throughput, integrate as intended, and mitigate vulnerabilities.
Our SOA solution knowledge is further empowered by our ability to understand your business process. Here are some of our SOA solution case studies that have been outsourced to us that may resemble your needs:
- Developed automation accelerators to parse SOAP WSDL’s
- Mapped all input fields, whether mandatory or optional
- Automatically built a repository of possible test cases including positive and negative test cases
- Initial testing with randomly generated test data and existing test data was followed by use of sample redacted production data once the project wen live, to provide more complete test coverage
- Automation began with executing the relevant dynamic query as part of the query backlog, followed by service activation and validating service response for constant data, or executing database queries for dynamic data
- All defects are tracked in the channel then automatically executed in the service side to isolate the middleware source of the defect
- KDT (Keyword Driven Testing) made script development and maintenance easy for every level of tester allocated for this task
- Test tool review for automated API testing and proving of toolset against client’s emerging SOA architecture
- Upgraded the client to automated testing, and introduced the client to API testing
- Established an approach for mocking out services to effectively isolate testing
- The System Under Test included OSGi services, REST, SOAP, JMS and both synchronous and asynchronous requests
Contact an SOA Testing Services expert