- A complete system breakdown, detailing your system’s structure and how we plan to test it.
- Performance of the QualiTest SOA Testing Approach, using the best tools and approach applicable for each area, testing for consistency and overall efficiency.
- A comprehensive defect report exhibits the details about any weaknesses, each bug, its severity, location and much more.
- On-going support is provided from a QualiTest senior test specialist to improve quality and incite continuous improvement.
From my experience working with the team at QualiTest, QualiTest has grown into a powerhouse provider of overall Software Testing solutions both in manual testing and in test automation. The very fact that they specialize in Software Testing only, makes them uniquely positioned in this field and distinctly sets them apart from the rest of the competition in the same industry.
Robu Mohammad, Test Manager, Fuji Medical
QualiTest Testing Approach
Testing is broken into definable testing areas such as services, security, and governance. We test these areas using the best tools and approach applicable for each test area, testing levels within these areas for consistency and overall efficiency.
- Service-component-level testing (Unit Testing) – Testing in the infancy, the basic functionality of components and functions within a department working as expected.
- Service-level testing – assure that the service is meeting the requirements of the current business and operational needs of the other processes that are employing that service.
- Integration-level testing – The integration QA testing phase focuses on the service interfaces.
- Process/Orchestration-level validation – assures services are collectively operating as specified. This phase of testing would cover business logic, sequencing, exception handling and process decomposition (including service and process reuse).
- System-level testing – This phase of testing which tests the SOA solution technique has made the definition of requirements and filled the acceptance criteria defined business.
- Security Testing – Today, many organizations do an inadequate amount of penetration testing at the very end of a project. SOA, combined with Government and Regulatory compliance, will demand security testing activities to be incorporated into the entire project life cycle.
Testing Types utilized in an SOA environment:
Gives us the ability to verify the proper behavior of services, build regression test suites to automate testing and understand expected behavior of services to quickly assess and validate functionality through the lifecycle of service revisions.
Utilizing performance testing gives us a concurrent, simultaneous loading agent framework from which we can determine capacity statistics of the back-end service across the range of input and client load variances. We validate Service Level Agreement rates, as well as identify bottlenecks, potential architectural weaknesses and performance dependencies.
We use interoperability testing to measure the design characteristics of a service and the run-time adherence to standards and best practices. Isolating potential interoperability issues early in the lifecycle can significantly optimize efforts of integration when exposing the service to partners and clients. This issue may build on a varying array of dissimilar web services technologies and platforms.
QualiTest assesses the risk posture and robustness of a service with regard to vulnerability, data-leakage, data privacy, and data integrity. Each web service is unique based on the schema which defines the input and response message structure of how to communicate with the service. By using the WSDL schema as the source, security tests can be built to create boundary condition tests for the service, which identify the robustness of the service handling inputs outside the range of expectation.
Benefits of QualiTest SOA testing services
- Business Concentration – Our testing services allow you to focus on your core business while utilizing our premier SOA testing experts
- Lower costs – Our senior test engineers are experts at setting up automated SOA testing that reduce your ongoing maintenance costs
- A centralized quality control team – Improves and standardizes the testing process by reducing the duplicate efforts and added risks of separate development teams running their own testing.
- Early integration testing – Identifies necessary improvements early in the development process when they can be made more easily.
- Thorough security testing – Ensures you are getting the highest level of security across multiple user platforms and vulnerabilities.
- Test Process Improvement – With our TPI, you are ensuring a high level of quality and future test improvement.